Fly, Fight, and Win

Fly, Fight, and Win

Saturday, November 15, 2014

A little motivation...

For those of you who want to be pilots, I came across this video over the weekend:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dJbZrHIS7J4&app=desktop

It's a Thunderbird cockpit montage.

It's always important to remember why you are joining ROTC. Do whatever you need to to remind yourself about what it is you're fighting for. Your religion, family, freedom, etc. And of course, to fly.

That's where it all started for me. I wanted to fly.

It's still about flying for me. I can't wait to get started on my training. But, a lot has changed for me. My vision includes so much more at this point in my life.

The bottom line is--each of you need to have a personal vision. The sooner you can define your why, the sooner you'll start succeeding beyond anything you imagined. Don't just define it mentally. Actually write it down. You'll find that your motivation will increase dramatically as you realize exactly what you're fighting for.

And don't stop there. Throughout your ROTC experience, help others find their vision. When you become a POC, reach down and pull the GMC along with you. Help them see their potential. Guide them to discover their personal vision. This will help you as a leader, and it will help them tremendously.

"Desires dictate our priorities, priorities shape our choices, and choices determine our actions. The desires we act on determine our changing, our achieving, and our becoming."

- Dallin H. Oaks

You will develop desires as you define a clear vision for yourself.


No comments:

Post a Comment